Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Fun Begins!!




It was that time of year again! The dog days of August were over. There were no more two-a-days in 105 degree heat, no more early breakfast checks, and no more late night meetings. It was time for the fun to start, and I couldn’t have been more ready!

The first opportunity for me to play against someone other than my teammates was a scrimmage game vs. Texas Lutheran. As I laid awake in bed on Friday night I couldn’t believe that I was about to suit up and scrimmage against another team the next morning. It was an indescribable feeling. I had been playing football since I was a young boy and had always dreamed of the day when I would have the chance to play at the college level. On Saturday morning I realized that my dream had finally come through.

The scrimmage was a great experience for me. I was so glad my mom and dad came down and brought my little brother with them. When I met up with them after the game, seeing my little brother reminded me of the days when I was only 9 years old like him and how I couldn’t wait to play my first pewee football game. Now I was only a week away from playing in my first college football game. The fun was about to begin!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! Who's the cool dude in the red hat.

    ReplyDelete